Sunday, June 24, 2012

Elegance to Classic

We said good-bye to our elegant hotel (The St. Regis) in Florence... Trey was pleased to leave it behind, for, in spite of its detailed ambiance, he didn't like the frescoes on the walls of our room: "I feel like the people's antes are watching me when I sleep, and there is a horse's butt over my head!". (more to the point: the hotel lacked a swimming pool for cooling off and burning up that accumulated energy in the late afternoon!)




We took the bullet train to Venice, and went by water taxi from the train station to our hotel on San Marcos Square. What we lose in elegance ( and those ever-watchful eyes staring down from the wall frescoes!) we more than make up for in location!








And, of course, we must take a gondola ride! The musicians joined us on our gondola and serenaded us through the canals!











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Florence to Venice

No comments: