Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Skating at Rockefeller Center

We dressed, intending to explore the hotel and neighborhood when Jack smelled bacon and we wound up eating a late breakfast instead. Bacon and hot chocolate made for very happy kids! Then we hailed a taxi - a first for these California kids! - and headed to Rockefeller Center for some ice skating.




Jack and Alex each had a lesson (and I was nostalgic - Christmas vacations when I was in college I remember skating at Rockefeller Center!) and really enjoyed themselves!








Charlie, being too young for such things, was a happy camper with his beloved Woody doll! I wonder if the fact that Woody's hat won't stay on and he has to hold doll in one hand and hat in the other will help him stop sucking his thumb?! (he'll probably find a way!)




Then off to FAOSchwartz, where Alex was enthralled with the stuffed animals. So many choices! But she finally found the perfect one!




Charlie, Alex, and I have had a quiet evening while Erin and Jack and Ron are at the Yankee game, More adventures tomorrow!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: