Sunday, August 7, 2011

Last Day Festivities!






The day began with a breakfast ride/hay ride to a place they call "The Jail" where we feasted... Back for the rodeo - Coco was in the "egg-spoon" event, where she had to trot her horse balancing an egg on a spoon which she carried in her mouth. Then she participated in the "barrel races"... (I didn't participate, and she reprimanded me - "you can't win if you don't enter!" - but I'm a beginner, and the adult rodeo didn't have divisions - and I wasn't going to go up against the advanced - nor did I think I could herd cattle, which was one of the events!)
After lunch the wranglers helped us put our brand on the wall. Coco's design looked terrific!
We concluded the evening with a steak fry - and a birthday celebration for Coco! - as well as an awards event and slide show of the week's activities. It has certainly been a fun-filled week!

No comments: