Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lost Valley Ranch II






Yesterday I attempted my first ride... as we made our way to the corral I quipped anxiously to Coco, "You'd better pray for me!" so she stopped right there on the trail, folded her hands, and said, "Dear God, please don't let my granny fall off her horse! Good-bye!" and we continued on our way. It must have worked, because I didn't fall off!

After the ride, we had a picnic lunch - and Coco greatly enjoyed throwing a big hunk of wood for one of the resident dogs to fetch from the stream (enjoyed, that is, until he got her all muddy!)... Our afternoon outing (tubing) was cancelled because of thundershowers, but last night we had a square dance. Even Coco agreed it was quite fun - but wouldn't participate because you had to dance with BOYS! (She and her new friend Alana looked on in disgust at the prospect!)

No comments: